Massage therapy in Bend Oregon.
Thank you for your interest. I will highlight some of the key aspects of my professional experience below, followed by some of my philosophies about massage therapy, and a bit about my personal life.
- Originally licensed and schooled in Massage Therapy on Maui in 2001
- Bachelors degree with Honors from OSU in Exercise and Sport Science
- Over 3000 professional sessions at 5-star spas in San Francisco and Maui
- 1000's more client hours in private practice, health clubs, physical therapy, acupuncture, and chiropractic clinics
- Advanced Continuing Education and Certification in the following modalities:
- Sports Massage
- Therapeutic Deep Tissue and Myofascial Release Therapy
- Myoskeletal Alignment Technique
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Thai Massage
- Hawaiian Lomi-Lomi
- Neuromuscular Reprogramming
- Pre-Natal Massage
- Spa and Skin Therapies
- Essential Oils
- Paid Internship at FORCE Biomechanics Lab
- Paid Internship at Bend Research in the Motion Sciences Lab
- Work Experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant
My Massage Therapy sessions can contain vigorous and even intense deep tissue therapy with dynamic movement and stretching; however I am very experienced in providing classical Swedish Massage with a lighter touch and more focus on relaxation as well. I've found most people like a combination of both. I do not necessarily prescribe to the 'no pain no gain' philosophy of deep tissue massage, but rather to the 'you can't go too deep, only too fast' school of thought. I've found everyone's perception of pain and pressure to be vastly different and unique, it's part of what makes my job so interesting! I strongly believe in the valuable therapeutic benefits of stress relief that come from Swedish Massage, as well as the structural balancing and soft tissue release benefits of Deep-Tissue Massage. I've worked on pro athletes to weekend warriors, movie stars to your friends and neighbors, elderly folks to children, spa pampering types to clinical therapeutic demands; today I am inspired to build relationships within the community that I raise my family in, and I love to be what I am told is the best part of my clients day!
Please visit cascadianstables.com for information about my Equine BodyWork Program. I have linked research papers and a visual presentation that was prepared for the OSU Exercise Science Department that highlights and explains how the program works. I work in tandem with my partner and elite performance horse trainer Victoria Petersen. We have carefully developed this program over the years and see great results with our horses and our clients horses. We are very inspired and passionate about our Equine Bodywork Program.
I am grateful to call Central Oregon home and have 6 generations of family history locally. I live with my partner and three children in Tumalo. Before returning to Central Oregon to raise my family I lived in Hawaii and San Francisco and studied Classical Indian Music and have performed in venues big and small. I teach kids and adults world percussion. We are developing a wonderful business called Cascadian Stables that provides therapeutic equine experiences to a variety of populations.